Sunday, January 17, 2010

Norway Spruce Tree Why Is My Norway Spruce Pine Tree Browning And Losing Needles?

Why is my Norway Spruce pine tree browning and losing needles? - norway spruce tree

Has on the side of my house that a series of 8 pins abies Picea. This spring, the trees have not recovered from the winter and gold and lost their needles and had to be replaced.

A second tree is the same. These trees are in the soil for 2 years and look forward to over 7 meters high. I live in Cleveland, OH, therefore, the 4 seasons are exposed. I do not understand what happened.

Every year I use insect repellent (12 months of protection) and the use of fertilizers in the room. Theory I have is because they live in the middle of my property to my much leachate from this site in the trees. (Note that these trees are in a long and continuous bed of soil +) mulch. if we have a flood of bad faith is a puddle next to the bed for a few hours before flowing through them. Too much water can my problem?

I realized today that I have a hole (in the ground as big as a tennis ball) with the latest tree dies. seems to be a tunnel from a squirrel, mole,etc. .. Types of animals may cause damage to pine?

any / all assistance would be appreciated. expensive to replace these trees, so that we would be able to experience this problem before you solve continue.

Thank you in advance.

2 comments:

ralf said...

Too much water will kill conifers faster than anything else. The animals will not harm trees. Try to dig a trench beside the tree line to allow water to drain away from the trees. In other words, try to get the water to circulate around the trees.

Emmaean said...

Water is probably not the problem, unless, well over irrigation. My first idea would be to see the mites. Climb the tree with a white pad and a notebook. Shake the branches on the paper. Next, brush your hand on the pad. If you see spots, especially the reds, then you have to deal with mites. If you had a little frost, but he could be dead, but not treated again in the spring. Once you have get rid of them with an acaricide, an occasional rain Warera from helping.
A being who is probably holes, but I know not to feed animals in the forest, fur, from spruce.

Post a Comment